The decision to admit a candidate is made on the basis of information gathered in the documents submitted and on the basis of the applicant’s performance in examinations and in the interview.
The criteria considered are:
- Academic aptitude
- Spiritual Life
- Potential for effectiveness in Christian ministry
- Ability to meet the financial requirements
Admission Exams will be held on the following subjects: French Composition, English, Theology, Bible, Spiritual Life and general knowledge.
The results of the admission process are announced a few days after the interview.
To apply for admission to STEP, applicants must complete and submit the following four forms:
An application form completed by the applicant:
- Licence en Théologie:
- Cours Féminin:
- A recommendation form completed by the pastor or ecclesiastical superior of the applicant: Click here to download
- Two recommendation forms completed by two mature believers who were the superiors of the applicant: a teacher, or a Sunday School instructor, etc.: Click here to download
Students must also submit the following documents:
- The certificate of completion of secondary education (second part)
- A handwritten letter from the applicant written on unlined white paper of 8½ x 11 inches, explaining why he wants to enroll in STEP. The letter should not exceed 200 words.
- A medical report including
- a General evaluation of health by a doctor
- results of a chest x-ray (only the interpretation of the doctor is needed, not the actual image)
- A copy of the birth certificate
- Three passport photos
Students must pay an application fee of 2,000 gourdes.
Applicants may pick up (and also submit) the forms to the administration offices of STEP or at:
- La Presse Évangélique: 36 Rue Capois, Port-au-Prince
- La Presse Évangélique: 12 Rue Darguin, Petionville
- Perspectives Réforméess: 6, rue A. Sanon, Clercine 16, Tabarre
- Barnabas Christian Leadership Center: 4A, Impasse La Paix, Rue Fragneauville, Delmas 75
- Compassion International Haiti: 438, Rte de Delmas
- Council of Evangelical Churches of Haiti (CEEH): 1 Entrée Larco, Cazeau, Cité Soleil
- Ligue Biblique: 22 Avenue Magloire Ambroise, Port-au-Prince
STEP receives applications for admission at any time throughout the year.
To begin in the Fall, applications must be received by August 15. To begin in the Spring, applications must be received by December 15.